when i first saw this, with the canned veggies in it, i didn't know what to think; but the comments made me curious! this was awesome! i did use frozen peas, but made as directed. as another, only used about half of the dressing. eating it with peanuts on top today !!!
Chilled Vegetable Salad
Chopped green pepper, onion, pimiento, corn, green beans, and green peas lend a flavorful and varied taste to this make-ahead vegetable salad. Serve in ramekins for an innovative touch.
Yield: 8 cups
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 (7-ounce) jar diced pimiento, undrained
- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can small sweet green peas, drained
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can French-cut green beans, drained
- 1 (11-ounce) can white shoepeg corn, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil in small saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring often, 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Remove dressing from heat, and cool 30 minutes.
- Stir together chopped bell pepper and next 8 ingredients in a large bowl; gently stir in dressing. Cover and chill salad for 8 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.
- NOTE: Salad may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for several days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This