God, easy summer soup. Will make it again.
Chilled Tomato Soup with Tarragon crème fraîche
Photo: © Petrina Tinslay
- 4 pounds tomatoes, quartered and seeded
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped tarragon, plus tarragon leaves for garnish
- Working in a blender in 2 batches, puree the tomatoes with the vegetable broth, olive oil, tomato paste, red wine vinegar and sugar until very smooth. Transfer to a bowl, season with salt and pepper and refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix the crème fraîche with the chopped tarragon and season with pepper. Ladle the soup into bowls. Top with a dollop of the crème fraîche, garnish with the tarragon leaves and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This