Good tasting soup But:2001 mg of sodium????? way to much, use tomatoes with no salt added. Pomi brand maybe.
Chilled Tomato Soup with Shrimp and Pesto
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 255
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 21g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 130mg
- Sodium: 2001mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 28-oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 pound cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp. pesto (store-bought or homemade)
- 1. Warm oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes with their juice, sugar, Italian seasoning and cayenne and bring just to a boil. Puree in batches and chill in refrigerator or over a larger bowl of ice water. Season with salt.
- 2. Ladle chilled soup into bowls. Top each portion with some shrimp and 1 tsp. pesto and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews