Chilled Tomato Soup With Corn Bread Croutons
Better Homes and Gardens 7/2011 Keeps well in frig.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 8.5 oz. pkg. corn muffin mix (Jiffy)
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 2 can(s) 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes with green pepper, celery, & onion
- 1/2 English cucumber, seeded & coarsely chopped or regular cucumber
- 3 green onions, trimmed & coarsely chopped
- 1 cup(s) ice cubes
- 1 medium avocado, halved, seeded, peeled & sliced
- Sliced green onion, chopped cucumber & chili powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400. Prepare muffin mix according to package directions. Spread in lightly greased 13x9x2 baking pan. Bake 14 min or until golden brown & toothpick inserted near center coves out clean. Cool slightly. Cut in 1" cubes. Toss with 1 Tbsp olive oil and chili powder. Place on baking sheet & crisp in oven 5 min.
- While muffin mix bakes, in a blender combine undrained tomatoes, cucumber, onions, & ice;cover and blend until nearly smooth. Pour soup in bowls; top with avocado & half the croutons (reserve remaining for another use). If desired, sprinkle with additional green onion, cucumber & chili powder. Drizzle with olive oil.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by annette1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chilled Tomato Soup With Corn Bread Croutons Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews