Chilled Sliced Lamb with Minted Pea Sauce
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 180
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 22.9g
- Carbohydrate: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 252mg
- Calcium: 58mg
- 1 (2 1/2-pound) boneless leg of lamb, butterflied and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt-free Greek seasoning blend
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup loosely packed mint leaves (about 1 ounce)
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen petite green peas, thawed
- Mint sprigs (optional)
- 1. Prepare grill.
- 2. Rub surface of lamb with 1 tablespoon lemon juice and olive oil. Sprinkle evenly with Greek seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Make several small slits on outside of lamb; stuff with garlic slices.
- 3. Coat lamb with cooking spray. Place on grill rack; grill 10 to 11 minutes on each side or until a thermometer registers 140°. Let stand 10 minutes. Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice over lamb. Chill lamb at least 1 hour.
- 4. While lamb chills, process mint, yogurt, sour cream, pepper, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Transfer mint sauce to a small bowl; stir in peas. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Thinly slice lamb; serve with mint sauce. Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
- Note: To roast in the oven instead of grilling, place lamb on a rack coated with cooking spray in a roasting pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 425° for 32 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This