Chilled Roasted Pepper and Tomato Soup
- 3 medium-size red bell peppers
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 purple onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Broil peppers on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet 5 inches from heat about 5 minutes on each side or until peppers look blistered.
- Place peppers in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal and let stand 10 minutes to loosen skins. Peel peppers; remove and discard seeds.
- Process peppers, vegetable juice, and next 5 ingredients until smooth; chill. Serve with avocado, next 3 ingredients, and, if desired, minced jalapeño and lime wedges.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used V-8 juice for vegetable juice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chilled Roasted Pepper and Tomato Soup Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This