- 1 slightly underripe pineapple
- 1/2 cup peeled, diced red bell pepper (1/4-in. pieces)
- 1/2 cup peeled, seeded, diced cucumber (1/4-in. pieces)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped, rinsed red onion
- 1/4 to 1/2 serrano chile, seeded if you like (for less heat), and minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, plus some leaves for garnish
- 1 to 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- About 1/2 tsp. sea salt
How to Make It
Juice pineapple in a juicer, or peel and core the fruit, then purée in a blender and strain. Pour juice into a medium bowl.
Stir in red bell pepper, cucumber, red onion, serrano chile, and chopped cilantro. Season to taste with fresh lime juice and sea salt.
Cover and chill until very cold, about 2 hours. Serve garnished with cilantro leaves.