excellent recipe! Nice blend of tangy and sweet. I cut the orange juice in half and substituted crushed pineapple in juice for the fresh pineapple.
Chilled Pineapple-Cranberry Relish
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 195
- Calories from fat: 9%
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Sodium: 2mg
- Carbohydrate: 45g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 34g
- Protein: 1g
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons finely grated ginger
- 16 ounces cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 small Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 pound fresh chopped pineapple (1 1/4 cups)
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the ginger and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir in the cranberries, sugar, orange juice, and preserves. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries burst and the sauce thickens, about 20 minutes.
While the cranberries cook, peel, core, and cut the apples.
After removing the sauce from heat, stir in the apples and pineapple. Transfer to a serving bowl, cover with plastic, and refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
Make-Ahead Note: The sauce can be made up to 2 days in advance.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments