Chilled Mint Yogurt Cucumber Soup
Yield: Makes 4 cups
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely diced (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- Garnish: fresh whole chives, extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine cucumber and 1/2 teaspoon salt; let stand 15 minutes, and do not drain.
- Mince garlic with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; stir garlic mixture and pepper into yogurt. Stir in mint. Add cucumber and its liquid to yogurt mixture, stirring gently. Garnish with chives and drizzle with olive oil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews