- 1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely diced (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- Garnish: fresh whole chives, extra-virgin olive oil
How to Make It
Combine cucumber and 1/2 teaspoon salt; let stand 15 minutes, and do not drain.
Mince garlic with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; stir garlic mixture and pepper into yogurt. Stir in mint. Add cucumber and its liquid to yogurt mixture, stirring gently. Garnish with chives and drizzle with olive oil.