Chilled Melon Soup
Craving soup in the summer? Try this Chilled Melon Soup for a refreshing appetizer or side to your summer supper.
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 3 cups cantaloupe melon, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup orange juice, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 cups honeydew melon, peeled, seeded and chopped
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs or orange slices
- In a blender, process cantaloupe, half the sugar, half the juice and half the salt until smooth. Cover and refrigerate. Repeat with honeydew and remaining ingredients except garnish. Refrigerate, covered, in separate containers. To serve, pour equal amounts of each mixture at the same time on opposite sides of individual soup bowls. Garnish as desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chilled Melon Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch
More Recipes for Soups/Stews