- 4 quarts water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 (1- to 1 1/4-pound ) live lobsters
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 small head Bibb lettuce
- Garnishes: fresh tarragon sprigs, lemon wedges
How to Make It
Bring 4 quarts water and salt to a boil in a large stockpot. Plunge lobsters, head first, into boiling water; return to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes; drain and cool.
Remove meat from claws and tails. Chill lobster meat.
Cook asparagus in boiling water to cover 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and pat dry. Set aside.
Combine olive oil through pepper in a jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously.
Arrange lettuce leaves, lobster, and asparagus on plates; drizzle with dressing; add tarragon sprig and lemon wedge to each serving, if desired.