CHILLED HEIRLOOM TOMATO SOUP
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) ingredients below
- 2½ lbs. heirloom (or conventional)
- tomatoes, peeled and cut into big pieces
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 leaves basil, plus extra for garnish
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 pinches sugar
- 2 cucumbers, peeled
- 1 red watermelon
- 1 golden watermelon (if available)
- 1. Puree tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil and vinegar in a food processor. Put mixture in a pot and add chicken stock, salt and sugar. Heat soup until warm. Place pot in a large bowl filled with ice. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, at least 2 hours.
- 2. Use a melon baller to scoop out cucumber and watermelon. Place in bowls. Add soup. Garnish with basil. Serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TBoroczk and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
CHILLED HEIRLOOM TOMATO SOUP Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews