Chilled Green Pea Soup
Generous amounts of green peas and fresh mint make up this refreshing batch of Chilled Green Pea Soup--perfect for a spring gathering.
Yield: Makes 8 cups
- 4 cups blanched peas
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped, peeled English cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Process peas, water, cucumber, onion, mint, and sour cream in a blender until smooth. Stir in salt and pepper. Cover and chill 1 to 8 hours.
- How to Blanch Peas: Cook desired amount of fresh sweet peas, snow peas, or sugar snap peas in boiling salted water to cover 1 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice-cold water to stop the cooking process; drain.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This