I've made this recipe 3 times now. My family enjoys the sweetness and it's surprisingly light considering that it is a cream soup. The first two times I used fresh ripe peaches which was yummy but messy to prepare. I used frozen peeled peaches for this last batch to save time and the flavor was still refreshing for a summer day. My husband and daughter fight over who gets the last ladleful.
Chilled Georgia Peach Soup with Raspberry Cream
This creamy chilled peach soup features fresh peaches accented with mint, cinnamon and nutmeg plus a raspberry-flavored whipped cream topping.
Yield: 10 cups
- 2 quarts chopped fresh peaches
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup peach Schnapps
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups half-and-half
- Raspberry Cream
- Garnish: raspberry puree
- Stir together first 7 ingredients in a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat 15 minutes or until peaches are tender and liquid is reduced. Cool; process in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Cover and chill.
- Stir in half-and-half. Top each serving with a dollop of Raspberry Cream, and garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chilled Georgia Peach Soup with Raspberry Cream Recipe at a Glance