I've made this recipe 3 times now. My family enjoys the sweetness and it's surprisingly light considering that it is a cream soup. The first two times I used fresh ripe peaches which was yummy but messy to prepare. I used frozen peeled peaches for this last batch to save time and the flavor was still refreshing for a summer day. My husband and daughter fight over who gets the last ladleful.
Chilled Georgia Peach Soup with Raspberry Cream
- 2 quarts chopped fresh peaches
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup peach Schnapps
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups half-and-half
- Raspberry Cream
- Garnish: raspberry puree
- Stir together first 7 ingredients in a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat 15 minutes or until peaches are tender and liquid is reduced. Cool; process in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Cover and chill.
- Stir in half-and-half. Top each serving with a dollop of Raspberry Cream, and garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chilled Georgia Peach Soup with Raspberry Cream Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Soups/Stews