Chilled Fresh Corn Soup with King Crab
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) frozen, cooked king crab legs thawed
- 6 cup(s) fresh corn kernes (about 11 ears)
- 4 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground red pepper
- 1 cup(s) 2 % milk
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Cut shells off crab with kitchen shears; reserve shells. Coarsely chop crabmeat; chill. Combine shells, corn, 4 1/2 cups water, and red pepper in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes or until corn is very tender. Discard shells.
- 2. Place half of corn mixture in blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Process until smooth. Press pureed corn mixture through a fine sieve over a bowl, reserving liquid; discard solids. Repeat procedure with remaining corn mixture. Stir in milk, chives, and black pepper. Chill 2 hours. Top with reserved crabmeat.
- CALORIES: 115 FAT: 2g (sat:0.6g,mono:0.5g,poly:0.6g) PROTEIN: 10g
- CARB: 16.2g FIBER: 2.2g CHOL: 20mg IRON: 0.7mg SODIUM: 383mg
- CALC: 59mg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chilled Fresh Corn Soup with King Crab Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews