Delicious but a bit of a chore to get at the crab meat...
Chilled Fresh Corn Soup with King Crab
This chilled soup is full of delectably sweet fresh corn and gorgeous pieces of king crab legs.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 2 Hours, 45 Minutes
- Calories: 115
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 16.2g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 383mg
- Calcium: 59mg
- 1 pound frozen cooked king crab legs, thawed
- 6 cups fresh corn kernels (about 11 ears)
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Cut shells off crab with kitchen shears; reserve shells. Coarsely chop crabmeat; chill. Combine shells, corn, 4 1/2 cups water, and red pepper in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes or until corn is very tender. Discard shells.
- 2. Place half of corn mixture in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Process until smooth. Press pureed corn mixture through a fine sieve over a bowl, reserving liquid; discard solids. Repeat procedure with remaining corn mixture. Stir in milk, chives, and black pepper. Chill 2 hours. Top with reserved crabmeat.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This