Chilled Custard Sauce Over Strawberries And Raspberries
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1 pint fresh raspberries, washed
- Scald half-and-half in top of a double boiler over boiling water.
- Beat eggs in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Combine sugar and cornstarch; add to eggs, beating well. Gradually stir one-third of warm half-and-half into egg mixture; add to remaining half-and-half in top of double boiler, stirring well.
- Cook over boiling water, stirring until mixture thickens and coats a spoon. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool completely; chill thoroughly. Spoon over strawberries and raspberries in individual serving dishes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Puddings/Custards