Chilled Crab-and-Lemon Grass Jasmine Rice Tower
Prep: 30 min. This recipe calls for 2 cups of cooked rice; 1 cup of uncooked rice cooked with 1 1/2 cups water will yield about 3 cups of cooked rice. This recipe would also be a great use for leftover cooked rice if you have it on hand.
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat, rinsed and drained*
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked MAHATMA Jasmine Enriched Thai Fragrant Long Grain Rice
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh lemon grass
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeÃ±o pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Quick Gazpacho
- Garnish: fresh chives
- 1. Gently combine crabmeat, 2 Tbsp. olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl; cover and chill. Stir together rice and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2. Stir together jalapeño pepper and lime juice in a small bowl. Gently fold in avocado and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. Place a 4-inch ring mold on a serving plate. Spoon 1/2 cup rice mixture into mold, pressing lightly to compact. Top rice with one-fourth of avocado mixture. Top avocado with 1/4 of crabmeat mixture. Remove ring mold. Pour 1/2 cup Quick Gazpacho around rice. Repeat procedure with remaining rice mixture, avocado mixture, crab mixture, and Quick Gazpacho. Garnish, if desired.
- *3/4 lb. unpeeled, medium-size, cooked shrimp, peeled and coarsely chopped, may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note