Chilled Carrot Soup
Serve Chilled Carrot Soup has an elegant appetizer or let it be a part of your colorful brunch menu.
More From Southern Living
Total: 6 Hours, 5 Minutes
- 3 cups peeled and diced baking potatoes
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups chopped leeks
- 1 (32-oz.) container chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon jarred chicken soup base
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Garnish: finely shredded carrots
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool 10 minutes.
- 2. Puree vegetable mixture, in batches, in a blender until smooth. Transfer puree to a large bowl; whisk in half-and-half, salt, and white pepper until blended. Let cool 1 hour; cover and chill 4 to 48 hours.
- 3. Add salt and white pepper to taste. Serve in chilled cups.
We tested with Superior Touch Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note