- 3 cups peeled and diced baking potatoes
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups chopped leeks
- 1 (32-oz.) container chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon jarred chicken soup base
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Garnish: finely shredded carrots
How to Make It
Combine first 5 ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool 10 minutes.
Puree vegetable mixture, in batches, in a blender until smooth. Transfer puree to a large bowl; whisk in half-and-half, salt, and white pepper until blended. Let cool 1 hour; cover and chill 4 to 48 hours.
Add salt and white pepper to taste. Serve in chilled cups.
We tested with Superior Touch Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base.