This was fabulous!! I used the soup as horderves and used tall 2.5oz shot glasses. Raving delicious comments. I am not a fan of blueberries but the color intrigued me so I went for it. I loved this recipe. It was very easy to make. I drank the remaining juice as a breakfast drink. I will definitely put this recipe as one of my favorite "go to" recipes.
Chilled Blueberry Soup
More From Southern Living
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pint half-and-half
- Garnish: mint sprigs
- Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring often. Remove from heat, and slightly cool.
- Process blueberry mixture and lemon juice in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Stir in half-and-half just before serving. Serve in stemmed glasses. Garnish, if desired.
For a creamier soup, add a dollop of plain yogurt to each serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews