Simple and super fast using frozen broth or cube dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water topped up with chilled. Excellent with steamed shrimp instead of crab/mango. I like with extra chopped coriander stirred through. Single serve is surprisingly filling. And incredibly economical.
Chilled Avocado Soup
Surprise! This rich, velvety avocado soup contains no cream or milk. Pureeing in the blender fills the mixture with air, making it thicker. Add more broth if you like a thinner consistency. It's delicious topped with the Crab-and-Mango Garnish or on its own.
More From Coastal Living
Chill: 2 Hours
- 3 avocados, cut into chunks
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Crab-and-Mango Garnish
- Combine ingredients in a blender, and process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until completely chilled. Pour soup into serving bowls. Top each serving with Crab-and-Mango Garnish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note