Chilies Stuffed with Pomegranate Salad
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 163
- Calories from fat: 53%
- Protein: 4.2g
- Fat: 9.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Carbohydrate: 19g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Sodium: 102mg
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- 4 fresh poblano chilies (3 to 4 oz. each)
- 5 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 firm-ripe avocado (about 10 oz.)
- 1 to 2 teaspoon minced fresh jalapeño chili
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup crumbled cotija or feta cheese
- 1. In a 10- by 15-inch pan, broil poblano chilies 4 to 6 inches from heat, turning as needed, until skins blister and blacken all over, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 2. When chilies are cool enough to touch, gently pull off and discard skin. Cut a lengthwise slit through 1 side of each chili. Gently scoop out and discard seeds and veins; leave stems on chilies.
- 3. In a bowl, mix orange juice and lime juice.
- 4. Peel and pit avocado. Cut into 1/4- to 1/2-inch chunks and add to bowl. Add jalapeño chili, green onions, cilantro, and pomegranate seeds. Stir gently to mix salad. Add salt to taste.
- 5. Lay chilies on plates, slit side up. Spoon equal amounts of salad into each chili; some of the salad will overflow. Sprinkle cotija cheese evenly over stuffed chilies.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads