CHILI with Bean (Very Hot!)
For Slow Cookers: 8 Hours
- 1 large onion-diced
- 3 small jalapenos-diced
- 2 garlic gloves minced
- 3 cans hot chili bean (you can use mild if youd like)
- 2 cans water (use the bean cans)
- 6 lbs ground round
- 1 can small diced tomatoes w/chipotle
- 1 12oz can tomato paste
- 1 12oz can V8 juice
- 2 tbl chili powder
- 1/2 tsp habanera chili powder (this is optional-this is very hot!)
- 2 tbl salt
- Brown the ground beef with the onions, jalapenos and garlic in a skillet. Drain the fat from meat mixture then put meat into a large stock pot (or crock pot).
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and simmer for at least 4 hours.
- If using crock pot-cook on low heat for 8 hours.
- Tastes best when made at least 2 days before serving.
- Serve with shredded cheese, minced onions and corn bread.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by clr124 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note