- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 (1 1/4-ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1-ounce) envelope Ranch-style dressing mix
- 2 cups water
- 4 large baking potatoes
- Toppings: shredded Cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped green onions
How to Make It
Cook ground beef and onion in a Dutch oven, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain and return to pan. Stir in pinto beans and next 6 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes.
Scrub potatoes; prick several times with a fork.
Microwave potatoes 1 inch apart on paper towels at HIGH 14 minutes or until done, turning and rearranging after 5 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes. Split potatoes, and top evenly with chili. Serve with desired toppings.
NOTE: If you like less chili on your potato, freeze half of mixture up to 3 months. Thaw in refrigerator, and microwave at HIGH, stirring occassionally, until thoroughly heated.