- 1 1/2 pounds ground round
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14-oz.) can beef broth
- 1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 (4-oz.) can chopped green chiles
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Toppings: shredded Cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped red onion
How to Make It
Combine ground round, 1 Tbsp. onion, and next 2 ingredients in a large bowl just until blended. Gently shape meat mixture into 18 (1 1/2-inch) balls.
Place a lightly greased rack in an aluminum foil-lined broiler pan. Arrange meatballs on rack.
Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until browned. (Centers will be slightly pink.)
Prepare pasta according to package directions. Keep warm.
Cook chili powder in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and next 3 ingredients. Gently stir meatballs into tomato mixture. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Gently stir in beans, and cook 3 more minutes. Serve immediately with spaghetti and desired toppings.