- 12 large tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 medium onions, finely chopped
- 3 large green peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
How to Make It
Combine all ingredients in a large Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 3 hours or until thickened.
Quickly ladle sauce into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-inch head space. Cover with metal lids, and screw bands tight. Process in boiling-water bath 20 minutes. Serve on vegetables, meat loaf, or omelets.