Chili's Chicken Enchilada Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup(s) chicken base
- 3 cup(s) yellow onions diced
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 2 cup(s) masa harina
- 4 quart(s) water divided
- 2 cup(s) tomatoes crushed
- 1/2 pound(s) American cheese cut into small cubes
- 3 pound(s) chicken
- -In large pot place oil, chicken base, onion and spices. Saute until onions are soft and clear, about 5 minutes.
- -In another container, combine masa harina with 1 quart water. Stir until all lumps dissolve. Add to sauteed onions, bring to a boil.
- -Once mixture starts to bubble, continuing cooking 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly. This will eliminate any raw taste from masa harina.
- -Add remaining 3 quarts water to pot. Add tomatoes; let mixture return to boil; stirring occasionally.
- -Add cheese to soup. Cook, stirring constantly, until cheese melts. Add chicken and heat through.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tjcavallucci and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chili's Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews