- 4 small baking potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 pound ground round
- 1 (16-ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes with jalapeño peppers and spices, undrained and chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup (1.3 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- calories 397
- fat 7.4 g
- satfat 3.4 g
- protein 25.8 g
- carbohydrate 59.6 g
- cholesterol 45 mg
- iron 6.3 mg
- sodium 600 mg
- caloriesfromfat 17 %
- fiber 9 g
- calcium 144 mg
How to Make It
Pierce potatoes with a fork; arrange in a circle on paper towels in microwave oven. Microwave at HIGH 9 minutes or until done, turning and rearranging potatoes after 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
Cook meat in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain well; return meat to pan.
Add beans and next 6 ingredients; stir well. Cook over medium-high heat 8 minutes.
Split open each potato, and squeeze to open; fluff pulp with a fork. Spoon 1 cup chili mixture into center of each potato; sprinkle with cheese.