Chili Pork Chops with Rice and Cheese
Yield: 6 servings (1 pork chop plus 3/4 cup rice each)
- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson Vegetable Oil
- 1 /2 pounds boneless pork chops (6 chops = about 1 1/2 lb)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's Stewed Tomatoes No Salt Added, undrained
- 1 can (14 oz each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Gebhardt Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 cups instant rice
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (1/2 cup = 2 oz)
- Chopped green onion or chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Hands On: 25 minutes
Total: 35 minutes
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Cook pork chops 6 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm.
2. Add onion and garlic to skillet. Cook 3 minutes, or until tender. Stir in tomatoes with their liquid, broth and chili powder; bring to a boil. Stir in rice; reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes, or until rice is tender.
3. Arrange pork chops on top of rice mixture. Sprinkle with cheese; cover. Simmer 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Top each serving with chopped green onions or chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes