- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson Vegetable Oil
- 1 /2 pounds boneless pork chops (6 chops = about 1 1/2 lb)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's Stewed Tomatoes No Salt Added, undrained
- 1 can (14 oz each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Gebhardt Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 cups instant rice
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (1/2 cup = 2 oz)
- Chopped green onion or chopped fresh parsley, optional
How to Make It
Hands On: 25 minutes
Total: 35 minutes
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Cook pork chops 6 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm.
Add onion and garlic to skillet. Cook 3 minutes, or until tender. Stir in tomatoes with their liquid, broth and chili powder; bring to a boil. Stir in rice; reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes, or until rice is tender.
Arrange pork chops on top of rice mixture. Sprinkle with cheese; cover. Simmer 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Top each serving with chopped green onions or chopped fresh parsley, if desired.