Chili and Polenta Pie
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 (8 3/4-ounce) packages frozen chili with beans
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 (6.6-ounce) package quick-cooking polenta
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- Toppings: chopped tomato, shredded lettuce, sour cream
- Thaw chili with beans in microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 5 to 6 minutes; set aside.
- Bring 3 1/2 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Gradually stir in polenta. Reduce heat, and cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until thickened. Stir in butter and next 5 ingredients.
- Press half of mixture into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish; top evenly with chili with beans, and spread with remaining polenta mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with Colby-Jack cheese, and bake 5 more minutes. Serve with desired toppings.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used STOUFFER'S Chili with Beans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles