Chili, Lemon, and Basil Shrimp with Israeli Couscous
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- olive oil
- 1 cup(s) Israeli (pearl) couscous
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- For the Shrimp
- 4 clove(s) garlic Minced
- pinch(s) red pepper flakes
- 1 pound(s) shrimp
- 1 cup(s) loosely packed fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the couscous and fry for 2 to 3 minutes, or until it starts smelling a little toasty. Add the lemon juice and stir until the lemon juice evaporates. (Reserve the lemon zest for the shrimp.) Add the chicken broth and bring to a simmer then turn the heat to low and cover the pan tightly. Cook for 15 minutes, then take off the heat and let the pan sit, still covered, until you are ready to serve the couscous.
- In a 10-inch sauté pan, heat another drizzle of olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and the red pepper flakes and cook gently for about 5 minutes, or until the garlic is golden and fragrant. Pat the shrimp dry, turn the heat up to high, and add the shrimp to the pan. Cook quick, turning the shrimp frequently and stirring the oil and garlic into the shrimp. As soon as the shrimp is heated through (about 3 minutes), turn off the heat and stir in the basil and the lemon zest.
- Season the couscous and shrimp to taste with salt and pepper. Serve the shrimp on a bed of couscous, and eat while it's hot!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mbusque and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chili, Lemon, and Basil Shrimp with Israeli Couscous Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes