More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 191
- Calories from fat: 12%
- Protein: 24g
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 558mg
- Cholesterol: 173mg
- 1/2 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce (nuoc mam or nam pla)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pound (30 to 35 per lb.) shrimp, shelled, deveined, and rinsed
- Lime wedges
- 1. Mix chili sauce, lime juice, fish sauce, and cilantro; set aside.
- 2. Divide shrimp into 4 equal portions. Lay each portion of shrimp in a neat row with tails pointed in the same direction. Thread 2 thin wood or metal skewers (8 to 10 in. long) about 1 1/2 inches apart through center of each row of shrimp, pushing the shellfish close together.
- 3. Place shrimp on an oiled grill above a solid bed of hot coals or high heat on a gas barbecue (you can hold your hand at grill level only 2 to 3 seconds); close lid on gas grill.
- 4. Cook, turning once, until shrimp are pink, 2 to 3 minutes a side.
- 5. Brush tops of shrimp with the chili sauce mixture, turn over, and cook just until glaze bubbles and browns slightly, about 30 seconds (watch closely; glaze burns easily). Brush tops with more chili mixture, then turn glaze down and cook just until it darkens slightly, about 30 seconds more.
- 6. Transfer shrimp to plates or a platter. Season to taste with remaining chili mixture and juice from lime wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This