Make these spicy spuds for your next cookout. To save time and nutrients, leave the skin on the potatoes. For less spice, omit the chili powder.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 158
- Fat: 3.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 5.9g
- Carbohydrate: 25.0g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 427mg
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Calcium: 115mg
- 3 cups cubed unpeeled baking potato (about 1 pound)
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, halved, thinly sliced, and separated into rings
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- Arrange potato in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 10 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add oil. Place over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add potato, chili powder, and salt. Cook 5 minutes or until potato is lightly browned, stirring often. Sprinkle cheese over potato. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 1 minute or until cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note