Chili for the Chilly
On October 9th, 2012, Tropical Foods had its Flavors of the Fall Recipe Contest with the culinary students at the Charlotte Campus of Johnson & Wales University. This recipe, Chili for the Chilly, was created by Rocky Jokbengboon and Kaitlyn Kuntz.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) Tropical Foodâs Mexicali FireÂ® crushed
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- Â¼ pound(s) chorizo diced
- 1 1 poblano pepper roasted and diced
- 1 cup(s) frozen corn
- 1 cup(s) canned beans drained and rinsed
- 3 cup(s) tomato sauce
- Â½ cup(s) barbeque sauce
- Â¼ cup(s) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) cumin
- 1 tablespoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried oregano
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Crush Tropical Food’s Mexicali Fire® and stir into ground beef.
- Roast poblano pepper in oven; peel, dice and set aside.
- Brush bread with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and oregano. Toast in oven until crispy, but still a bit soft.
- Sauté beef and chorizo in saucepot until cooked, then add remaining ingredients. Simmer for 30 minutes, and then season to taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tropicalfoods and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note