- 4 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 1/4 cups chopped onion
- 3 (15 1/2-oz.) cans corn, undrained and divided
- 3 (14- 1/2 oz.) cans stewed tomatoes
- 3 (15-oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 6 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 1/3 cups biscuit baking mix
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
How to Make It
Brown ground beef and onion in a Dutch oven over medium heat; drain. Set aside 1 1/2 cups corn; stir remaining corn with liquid, tomatoes, sauces, chili powder and garlic into beef mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
Combine baking mix and cornmeal in a medium bowl; stir in milk, cilantro, and reserved corn just until moistened. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto simmering chili. Cook over low heat, uncovered, 15 minutes. Cover and cook 15 to 18 more minutes or until dumplings are dry on top.