- 2 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (2 1/2-pound) bottom round roast, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground ancho chile pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons unsalted tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans unsalted fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Chopped green onions (optional)
- Sliced radish (optional)
- calories 384
- fat 14.8 g
- satfat 4.7 g
- monofat 6.5 g
- polyfat 0.9 g
- protein 45 g
- carbohydrate 16 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 121 mg
- iron 4 mg
- sodium 433 mg
- calcium 35 mg
How to Make It
Place tortillas in the bowl of a food processor; process to form fine crumbs.
Heat a 6-quart pressure cooker over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle beef with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add one-third of beef to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until browned on all sides. Remove beef from pan. Repeat procedure twice more with 1 teaspoon oil and one-third of beef.
Add remaining oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Add tortilla crumbs, chili powder, and next 8 ingredients; stir well. Stir in beef.
Close lid securely; bring to high pressure over high heat (about 4 minutes). Adjust heat to medium-high or level needed to maintain high pressure; cook 25 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 20 minutes. Place cooker under cold running water to release pressure. Remove lid; stir in chocolate and remaining salt, stirring until chocolate melts. Top with green onions and radish, if desired.
Dutch Oven: Using a large Dutch oven, follow instructions through step Bring mixture to a boil; cover and bake at 300° for 2 1/2 hours, stirring two or three times to prevent sticking. Stir in chocolate and remaining salt to finish.
Slow Cooker: Using a large skillet, follow instructions through step Transfer to a 6- or 7-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours. Stir in chocolate and remaining salt to finish.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov