Chili Con Carne
- 2 pounds lean beef for stewing, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons suet
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 quart hot water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can chili beans, undrained
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
- Sauté onion in suet and oil in a large Dutch oven until tender. Add meat mixture; mix well. Simmer 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Gradually add water, stirring constantly; stir in salt. Simmer, uncovered, 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Stir in beans; heat thoroughly.
- Ladle into individual serving bowls, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews