Husband loved it. Great out of the bowl or in a frito chili pie. This could be served on hot dogs! Perfect for cold weather. Definately a keeper!
Chili Con Carne
- 3 pounds coarsely ground beef
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 tablespoons chili powder, divided
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons masa harina
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika (optional)
- Garnishes: shredded Cheddar cheese, chopped green onions, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce
- Cook ground beef, in batches, in a large skillet over medium-high heat about 5 minutes, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well.
- Add garlic, reduce heat to medium, and sauté 2 minutes until tender. Add 6 tablespoons chili powder and 1 tablespoon cumin, stirring to coat meat evenly. Add tomato sauce and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour. Stir 1 tablespoon masa at a time into meat mixture; allowing chili to thicken between additions to desired consistency.
- Cook, uncovered, 20 more minutes. Stir in salt, red pepper, and, if desired, paprika. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon chili powder 5 minutes before serving, and garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews