This is so easy and so good for a quick meal. I've made this several times and my family loves it.
At the tasting table, this delicious recipe was our hands-down favorite over a boxed hamburger meal.
More From Southern Living
- 1 (12-oz.) box shells and cheese
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-oz.) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes with mild green chiles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Prepare shells and cheese according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, brown beef in a 12-inch (2 1/2-inch-deep) nonstick skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring often, 8 minutes or until no longer pink; drain and rinse under hot running water. Return beef to skillet; stir in chili powder, cumin, and salt. Cook 2 minutes. Add beans, tomatoes, and 1/4 cup water. Cook 5 to 8 minutes or until most of liquid has evaporated.
- 3. Stir prepared pasta into beef mixture, and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Velveeta Shells & Cheese Original and Delmonte Diced Tomatoes with Zesty Mild Green Chilies.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note