Adds an extra layer of flavor to plain tater tot casserole.
Chili-Cheese-Potato Tot Casserole
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (15 1/2-oz.) cans chili starter
- 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (11-oz.) can whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8-oz.) package reduced-fat shredded Colby and Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1 (32-oz.) package frozen potato tots
- 1/4 cup pickled sliced jalapeño peppers or 2 fresh jalapeño peppers, sliced
- 1. Cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well, and return to skillet. Stir in chili starter, tomatoes, and corn.
- 2. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with cheese; top evenly with tots.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until tots are golden. Top with jalapeño slices.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Bush's Chili Magic Chili Starter Traditional Recipe and Ore-Ida Tater Tots. To kick up the flavor, substitute 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can petite diced tomatoes with jalapeños for petite diced tomatoes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles