Really delicious! The whole family loved it! We added chicken for a little more substance. Highly recommend!
Chili-Cheese Black Bean Enchiladas
Cream cheese binds the filling and gives it a silky consistency. Look for red enchilada sauce in the Mexican food section of your supermarket. If you're unable to find soy crumbles, chop thawed veggie burgers to use in their place.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 386
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 12.9g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Protein: 26.8g
- Carbohydrate: 43.9g
- Fiber: 10.7g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Iron: 5.4mg
- Sodium: 995mg
- Calcium: 390mg
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12-ounce) bag frozen soy crumbles, thawed (such as Morningstar Farms)
- 3/4 cup bottled salsa
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) block-style fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat extrasharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in cumin, oregano, chili powder, garlic, beans, and soy crumbles, and cook 2 minutes, stirring mixture frequently.
- Stir in salsa, and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat, and add cream cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spread 1/3 cup enchilada sauce in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon about 1/3 cup black bean mixture down center of each tortilla, and roll up. Arrange enchiladas, seam sides down, crosswise in dish. Pour remaining enchilada sauce evenly over enchiladas, and sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheddar. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note