Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 fresh beets peeled
- 1 small-medium carrot sliced thin
- 1/2 small red onion chopped
- 4 cup(s) black beans cooked and frozen
- 2 great northern beans
- chicken or vegetable stock to desired consistency
- chili powder
- large pinch(s) cilantro
- 1 link beef bratwurst cooked and sliced(optional)
- Place beets, carrots, onion, and frozen black beans in a large pot on the stove over med-med-low heat. Allow vegetables to soften while beans warm.
- Add remaining beans, stock, and bratwurst (if desired).
- Season with a little gingerand cilantro, and generously with chili powder, paprika, and cinnamon, checking often for flavor balance.
- Keep on medium heat until boiling, cover, and reduce heat to simmer while flavors mix and mellow.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by nycaelai and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note