Community Recipe from
- 2 fresh beets peeled
- 1 small-medium carrot sliced thin
- 1/2 small red onion chopped
- 4 cup(s) black beans cooked and frozen
- 2 great northern beans
- chicken or vegetable stock to desired consistency
- chili powder
- large pinch(s) cilantro
- 1 link beef bratwurst cooked and sliced(optional)
- Place beets, carrots, onion, and frozen black beans in a large pot on the stove over med-med-low heat. Allow vegetables to soften while beans warm.
- Add remaining beans, stock, and bratwurst (if desired).
- Season with a little gingerand cilantro, and generously with chili powder, paprika, and cinnamon, checking often for flavor balance.
- Keep on medium heat until boiling, cover, and reduce heat to simmer while flavors mix and mellow.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by nycaelai and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes