These rocks didn't rise and tasted like a spoonful of salt.
Chili & Biscuits
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 1-1/4 oz. pkg. chili seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 15-1/2 oz. can chili beans
- 1 Optional: 4-oz. can sliced mushrooms, drained
- garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste
- Biscuit Dough:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup milk
- In a large skillet, brown together beef, onion and celery. Drain; stir in chili seasoning and flour. Add remaining ingredients and simmer until thickened and bubbly.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 13"x9" baking pan. For Biscuit Dough, combine dry ingredients and oil. Stir in enough milk to form a soft dough.
- Drop Biscuit Dough by tablespoonfuls over hot chili. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes, until biscuits are golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chili & Biscuits Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch