the sauce IS amazing!
- 2 cups hickory or mesquite wood chips
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 3 to 4 pounds chicken pieces
- Soak wood chips in water to cover 30 minutes.
- Stir together 1/4 cup water and next 10 ingredients; set aside.
- Drain wood chips. Place in center of a large square of aluminum foil, and fold edges to seal. Punch several holes in the top of the packet.
- Prepare fire by piling charcoal or lava rocks on sides of grill, leaving center empty. Place foil packet on 1 side of coals; place drip pan between coals. Coat food rack with vegetable cooking spray; place on grill.
- Arrange chicken, skin side up, over drip pan; grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 10 minutes on each side. Brush chicken with sauce; grill 20 to 25 more minutes or until done, basting and turning frequently.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chili-Barbecued Chicken Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Main Dishes