Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1.5 pound(s) burger browned
- 1 med sweet onion add to browned burger, and cook slightly
- 1 can(s) 15 oz, diced tomatos w/basil & oregano
- 1 can(s) 15 oz, mild Rotel
- 6 ounce(s) can, tomato paste
- 2 can(s) 15 oz, kidney beans (undrained)
- 1 can(s) 27 oz, Bush chili beans, mild (undrained)
- 2 can(s) 15 oz, Brooks chili beans
- 2.5 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1 dash(es) cinnamon
- 1 dash(es) ground cloves
- 1 dash(es) red pepper flakes or smoked paprika
- 1/3 cup(s) brown sugar (or to taste)
- 1 can(s) 64 oz, tomato juice (I useCampbell's plastic bottle)
- Brown burger, then add chopped onion and cook till translucent. Add tomato paste, Rotel, kidney beans, chili beans and seasonings. Pour in tomato juice. If using a large soup pan on the stove, bring all ingredients to a slow boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for at least 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. Taste test and add more chili powder, if needed, etc. If using a crockpot, turn on low and let simmer for 7-8 hours, again stirring occasionally and taste testing. Uncover crockpot for last hour or so to cook down and thicken. Serve plain, or with shredded cheddar, a dollop of sour cream, or diced green onions on top.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cnorris and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chili Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews