Was good, but not the best I have had.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 whole(s) onions - large chopped
- 1 whole(s) green pepper diced
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter melted
- 2 pound(s) ground beef browned
- 2 can(s) petite diced tomatoes - 28 oz
- 1 can(s) tomato sauce
- 1 can(s) chili beans
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 3 whole(s) cloves
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) red pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- Saute onion and green pepper in melted butter until onion is transparent. Add ground beef and cook until brown. Add tomatoes, sauce and seasonings. Simmer about 2 hours. Add water if necessary. Just before serving remove cloves and bay leaf and add beans if desired. We like to serve this chili over spaghetti in Wisconsin! I think we did that because we were broke and we needed it to go farther. But we love it like that!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by lynntjones and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chili Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews