Chiles Rellenos With Cheese
- 6 whole green chile peppers, cleaned and parboiled
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, separated
- Vegetable oil
- Salsa De Tomates
- Stuff peppers with shredded cheese. Dip in milk, and dredge in flour. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) in a large mixing bowl until stiff peaks form. Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored; gently fold yolks into beaten egg whites.
- Dip each pepper in egg mixture, and fry in deep hot oil (400°) for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once. Drain well on paper towels. Serve with Salsa de Tomates.
- Note: For guests, you may want to serve a variety of additional sauces, such as Hot Pepper Sauce, Fresh Tomato Sauce, Cheese Sauce, or any sour cream sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note